training of environmental lawyers and others
EDO NQ is delighted that the University of Melbourne's Faculty of Law has approved EDO NQ as a Juris Doctor student internship training site.
Environmental law students come to EDO NQ for training from all of the major Universities throughout Australia (including the University of Melbourne, ANU, the University of Sydney, Griffith University, the University of Queensland, James Cook University, Bond University, QUT and the University of New South Wales, for example).
We welcome law volunteers from all over the world, with some students gaining course credits for projects undertaken during their placement with us.
Our web site carries a wealth of information about our environmental protection services, and about environmental law in Queensland. It provides fact sheets that summarise and explain Planning & Environment law, World Heritage Areas, and much other useful information relating to Northern Queensland.
- information on how your students can best benefit from training at EDO NQ;
- 'preferred University' status arising from financial support provided by you to EDO NQ;
- 'preferred University' access to Deep Green, EDO NQ's unique database empowering environment and conservation organisations throughout Australia through collection, coordination, retention and assessment of key documents and correspondence relating to planning and environment matters;
- on-site and offsite training options (particularly for non-law students) and
- Individual and group Work Integrated Learning project opportunities.