environmental legal advice
Independent and free/low cost legal advice from EDO NQ is available to any person or group seeking to use the law to protect the environment in the public interest.
A public interest matter is one that has some broader ‘public good’ component to it, or raises a matter of substantial public concern, beyond the material or financial interests of a particular individual or group.
If you would like legal advice from EDO NQ then please contact us. Advice may be provided over the phone, or through an appointment, by mail, email or Skype.
EDO NQ has advice guidelines to help determine the circumstances in which it can assist the public.
EDO NQ also has a casework program. Casework involves activities such as providing detailed written legal advice on your particular issue, and writing letters on your behalf. It some cases it may involve litigation.
EDO NQ has casework guidelines to help determine the circumstances in which it can assist the public.
Whether you are seeking:
- legal advice;
- helpful Fact Sheets explaining key elements of environmental law, and what you can do to help protect your environment;
- to particpate in environmental law education workshops and activities;
- assistance with preparation of submissions in relation to, or understanding of, proposed state or federal law changes; and/or
- workplace training opportunities
- you will find this site a rich resource to draw from.
of the moment
In the United States, the Sierra Club and others are fighting big coal to force coal distributors to cover train wagons so that waterways and communities are not impacted by harmful coal dust (this is also a major issue in Australia).
The EDO NQ team is undertaking research relating to this in anticipation of initiating similar court action in Australia, subject to appropriate adjustment for Australian law.