EDO NQ seeks to empower the community to participate in environmental decisions and to build capacity to use the law to protect the environment
We produce plain English educational materials in a range of formats, explaining environmental law and policy and how the community can have their say in environmental law and policy decision-making processes. All of our publications are available free to the community.
EDO NQ (servicing Northern Queensland from Sarina north (see this slideshow for the geography of EDO NQ)) and EDO QLD (servicing Southern Queensland south of Sarina) work cooperatively in the preparation of Fact Sheets and educational materials which have general application across all Queensland.
Please select the Fact Sheet that you are interested in and click on the pdf download.
- The Community Litigants Handbook - 4th Edition (Click to read more)
- Right to Information - Making an Application (839kb)
- Right to Information- Reviewing a Decision (1.1mb)
- Indigenous Cultural Heritage Factsheet (993kb)
- Mining and Coal Seam Gas Law in QLD: A guide for the community (Click to read more)
- How to Fight & How not to Fight - Andrew Sinclair Handout (77kb)
- Local Government Representative Factsheet (1mb)
- State Government Framework Factsheet (61kb)
- Ministerial Call in Powers: An Alternative Way to Challenge Development (726kb)
- Wet Tropics World Heritage Area Factsheet - Sept 2007 (1.2mb)
- The Law Relating to the Compulsory Acquistion of Land in QLD (2.6mb)